Careers | fashion magazine
We design beautiful products that our customers love. Founded in 2018, July exists to bring better-designed products to the way we travel.
Creating high quality, durable luggage at a fraction of the traditional price means we give everyone the opportunity to own luggage that lasts a lifetime.
We are direct to consumer and in love with our customers; we sell direct to Australia and the US market, with more to come.
We are a young team looking to bring our Australian offering to the world and we would love for you to join us. Consult us online or on social networks.
As a Product Designer, you will work within our Product Design and Development team. You will report to our head of design and innovation (Alan who is a great inspiration), work closely with our founders (Richard and Athan who are also great!) and collaborate with all other departments, such as production, operations and marketing.
As a July Product Designer, you’ll be at the forefront of startup life, gaining hands-on experience in building a global business from the start. Your role will be at the forefront of the channel in July; to design the future range of exciting products for Australia, the United States and the rest of the world.
The Product Designer is responsible for creating new concepts, selecting colors, materials and finishes, refining them through mock-ups and user testing, documenting designs through technical drawings and specifications to obtain manufactured and produced samples.
The Product Designer should be proficient in Adobe CC, be passionate about soft goods as well as hard goods, hands-on in mock-up concepts and problem solving. Excellent attention to detail, finesse of products and sense of trends.
The design team ensures that the July brand and products are delivered to the world at their highest level of quality and functionality.
- Work with the Product and Marketing teams to explore new opportunities.
- View and showcase designs for new products.
- Trend research, CMF for specific products.
- Model and test ideas in our innovation lab.
- Draw CAD and specifications for sampling and fabrication.
- Review and improve samples.
- Degree in industrial, product or fashion design.
- Recent graduate or with a few years in a similar role or relevant experience.
- Passion for soft goods and travel lifestyle products.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment.
- Be autonomous, enthusiastic and open to learning.
- The ability to respond to and adhere to design instructions in a timely manner.
- Have an existing portfolio of work to include in your submission.
Apply via Seek only, do not use the “apply now” form below.
To keep up to date with fashion jobs in Melbourne, subscribe to Fashion Journal’s Careers Updates here.